The Maccabee Society is an online gathering of men seeking a life of virtue, brotherly bonds, and the restoration of Western Civilization. The Maccabee Society is named after the general Judas Maccabeus (died 160 BC).
Meet the historical Judas Maccabeus by clicking here.
Maccabee Society Convictions:
- We are Trinitarian Christians (eg, Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not part of what we are doing).*
- All humans are bound by natural law.
- Men (particularly young men) thrive when challenged to pursue virtue as a means toward happiness and contentment.
- We hold a Thomistic understanding of Virtue Ethics. All humans are called to live lives of the seven virtues: Prudence, Justice, Fortitude, Temperance, Faith, Hope, Charity.
- Men and women are different biologically, anatomically, and mentally. Testosterone causes masculinity in the body and mind.
- Matrimony is rooted in natural law.
- The traditional family (male husband, female wife, children) is the bedrock for the common civil good.
- Socialism, Communism, and Feminism are contrary to the common good.
- Christianity and Western Civilization should be enshrined in our culture.
- We are pro-life and pro-2nd Amendment.
- We need more men like Judas Maccabeus.
If you are not a man fitting the description above, please do not comment on our site. Thank you for respecting our tradition.
“We worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal.” – Athanasian Creed