We have organized our first Maccabee Meet Up for men in North Texas for April 7 2015.
Please join us for a men’s only evening with the Maccabee Society. Dr. Taylor Marshall and Jared Zimmerer will present a short talk on “Why Every Man Needs a Morning Productivity Ritual.” The rest of the evening will be spent in fellowship, beer, and dart throwing.
YOU MUST RSVP TO ATTEND.
If you live in another part of the world, here’s how you organize a Maccabee Meet Up.
- Get a group of Christian guys together. Start with 3-10.
- Choose a secular location (a cool pub is perfect or a man’s sizable house) and choose a date.
- Promote it. Use our Maccabee Society Facebook wall to tell other Maccabee men in you area.
- Remember, this is for Christian men in the Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant traditions.
Here’s the structure:
- Let men show up, order food, and get something to drink.
- 30 Minutes later, have a MC call everybody’s attention together, pray the Lord’s Prayer (Our Father). All Maccabee Meet ups should begin with the Our Father.
- Introduce either a speaker or a conversation topic for the evening. Eg, “Tonight we have John Smith here to talk about Cross Fit or Plato or World War I or Crusades.”
- If you don’t have a speaker, announce a topic: “Tonight’s topic is: Presidential election or World Series or advice to 20 year olds or advice on grilling steaks.”
- Close the meeting at a predetermined time with a “Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world with out end. Amen.” Don’t let everybody just wander off. Close it down at a pre-determined time, eg, 10pm.
- You may need a print out with the Our Father and Glory be on it to hand out to new people.
- You may want to collect emails so that you can assemble the group of men again in a month or so for another meet up.
- There is never any charge to attend. It’s free, unless it was decided to preorder food or drinks. Then all men should pay for what they eat/drink.
Here are the top 25 cities with the most Maccabee Society readers from greatest to least. If you live in one of these cities, you should consider hosting a Maccabee Meet Up:
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Toronto, Canada
- Washington DC
- Sydney, Australia
- San Antonio
- London, England
- Quezon City, Philippines
- Minneapolis/Saint Paul
- San Francisco
- St. Catharines, Canada
- Windsor, Canada
- New Orleans
If you are in Dallas Fort Worth, please RSVP for our first Meet Up by clicking here.